Ryan went on the tube with Blake and the boys, but didn't like it much. Can you tell by the big ol frown on that little face? He likes the boat, but don't ask him to get on a tube again just yet.
Incidentally, on this tube ride Ethan went off as we rounded a corner so Blake decided he'd take Ryan off so they could stay near Ethan. Sam decided to just hold onto the tube even though the tube started to go underwater. Sam and the tube went under completely. Sam was holding onto the tube all the while for about 8-10 seconds before he decided he better let go. Chad was driving the boat and realized the tube was submerged so he slowed up for the tube to come back up. Sam popped up just about the same time. He was under long enough for me to say "where is Sam?" twice (I said them both very calmly, but i could feel myself getting more and more panicked as the seconds passed). He told me later he just figured he was going to drown. As we were talking about it i reminded him that it was a good thing he had his life jacket on. I think it solidified for Sam the importance of keeping his life jacket on. He still likes the water, still likes the boat, and even would go on the tube again, so I'm hoping that it wasn't too traumatic for him (me, I'll remember it always!).
Ethan getting ready to go down the zip line into the pond at Walsberg.
Blake and I both agree we are pretty lucky/blessed to have such great family on both sides that we enjoy being with when ever the opportunity arises.
3 comments:
Looks like lots of fun. :)
How fun! And what a fantastic family photo! I can't believe you got such a great shot of such a large group.
the family picture was taken on a timer too...it's cause we're Youngs and it's a gift and blessing that we all look that good. ;)
Post a Comment