(this picture is totally zoomed in--you can kinda see an ant by the tail. I just wanted the picture of the tail.)
By the time Blake had come back in and said good night to the boys i think our adrenaline rush had finally subsided. My theory of the evening being too cool for the snakes to be out went out the window as we discussed the event. Because we hadn't really eaten dinner we had our usual bowl of cold cereal when we don't want to fix anything and it's late. And we cleaned up a little bit more from our trip and then as we were heading up the stairs Blake said he wished he would have been able to get that second snake instead now he was going to just worry about it being out there. As he was saying this i went to the front window and was looking around. And low and behold there on the drive way was the second snake. We had just finished discussing that running over the snake with the car would have been the easier/safer way to go about getting rid of it. So i went and got in the car and ran over the snake. As i backed up further to again use the headlights for lighting Blake got closer to see if i had gotten it good enough to kill it. And it was a bull snake (or gopher snake). We had read and heard that those are good snakes to have around cause they will kill the rattle snakes and here we are killing it. I know, kill first, ask questions later wasn't the smartest way to go about it, but when i see a snake after seeing a rattle snake there is too much adrenaline pumping to pause and check the snake out! The bull snake wasn't as big as the rattle snake and we have decided that the bull snake must have been after the rattle snake in the first place. So to the bull snake that is decaying in the dirt not to far from here, I am sorry.
(the second picture here is the bull snake)
4 comments:
UGH! I'm going to call Blake the snake hunter from now on... I hope you don't have any more nasty visitors!
I would be so scared to live at your house! :S
You know the snake that got away just ran and told all his snake buddies about you guys and how you hate snakes and they are probably plotting their revenge on you. I hate snakes as well and have killed a few in my day and feel that their spirits have stayed behind to haunt me and tell their family to haunt me too. By-the-way this is Darin not Kali...I don't know how to change the identity when I leave a comment.
I am glad you didn't find this BEFORE Thursday....I might not have slept real well!!
Post a Comment