I have decided that I just plain don't understand the decorator mind. What I would see as ugly and weird is artistic and unique. What I would see as loud and obnoxious is bold and making a statement. What a decorator thinks about or puts into a home is beyond me and yet it somehow works.
The house is now staged with a whole bunch of furniture we could never afford and things I would have never chose to put in our house but it gave Lori one or two ideas of what she would like to do and me ideas on how furniture will fit in the space we have.
This is the back living room with the fireplace. As you can see, I will likely required to buy a flat panel high definition TV at some point...only because of space not alterior motives. What else would I put over the fire place? A family portate? I think not.
The front room will have a baby grand placed in it before the show, I think that will look very nice. The topiary you see on the little table there is only $200 if anyone wants they can send me the money and I will keep it for you until I can get it for you.
I love the plant shelf by the stairs and the large clock on the way up the stairs is great. We will be likely finishing the large clock we have in the front room to look at little more antiqued like the one seen here.
The master bedroom is closest of all the rooms in the house to what I would like to do.
Lastly, I shoveled 9 tons of rock. And this is what it looks like as I am trying to xeriscape the west side of our house. The crushed rock has an average of 2-3 inch rock size. Shoveling dirt or pea gravel would have been easy, it is hard to scoup this rock. So far it has taken me 7 hours of shoveling and we are almost done. I actually don't feel sore but my poor secretary soft hands are blistered and in pain. When the hardest substance I usually touch is a key pad and cut grass, this didn't come as too much of a surprise. Only 7 days to go and the parade will be here.
4 comments:
I think it looks fantastic!Do you want me to send a picture/mural of Grace to go above the mantel?(:
Looks great! And I totally see what you mean about the flat screen - seems like that spot was made for it!
Yes, it definitely looks fantastic! I am jealous because you have now definitely beat us to the finish line. (Our house still has no carpet.) :( You're going to love this. It's going to be a beautiful home for you. Good luck with the parade.
Looks nice! I'm so excited to see it!
Post a Comment