We signed ethan up to do baseball this year. He had begged and begged. I thought i had signed him up for machine pitch, but because of his age he is in a level that the kids pitch (it's an intructional level). It has been a great expericnce for him and i know he's loved every minute of it. Much to my dismay Ethan's first game was the week i was gone to texas taking care of my sisters kids. (It was also the week that both ethan and sam played their last soccer games. Lucky blake got to do those things with out me. As if there was any question before--i have an amazing husband). Anyway, the day of his first game when the coaches were assigned to his team, they also found out they were the texas rangers. A few days later when i was heading to the airport with my sister we took a quick stop at the walmart in amarillo to get some diapers and things that my sister needed before heading home. While we were in there we walked past all these texas rangers, longhorns and other texas team t-shirt and hats. I thought that was pretty convienient that i was there to see those and so i thought "oh i should get a t-shirt for ethan". So we headed over to the kids section and found a number of texas rangers shirt. I pulled one out to see the size and saw the back of the shirt. On the back it has the name Young and the number 10 (Ethan is number 1, too bad soo close). But since it did have the name Young on it i thought well shoot, i better get one for each of us. I got a hat and a t-shirt for blake, sam, ethan and i, but they didn't have any ryan's size, so he just got a hat. I was scheduled to land in salt lake at 7, and ethan had a game that was going to go till 8:30. So i figured if i was fast enough i would see part of his second game. Lucky for me even though one of my flights was delayed it didn't throw off me getting to salt lake at the scheduled time. I'm pretty sure i was speeding on parts of my drive home, but i wasn't going to miss his game completly. I got there decked out in my Texas rangers hat, and Ethan didn't even recognise me till i was about to give him a hug. It was fun to see the suprise on his face when he said "where did you get that hat mom!" I ended up calling my sister back and having her pick up more hats and shirts for some of the other team family members. Lucky me, going to Texas at just the right time.
Like i said, ethan has done really well with baseball. His coaches have been great at teaching the boys each of the positions and really encouraging them to do their best. Ethan has liked it so much and has done so well i'm sure we have years to come cheering him on. Plus i think the extended family enjoys comeing to watch baseball better than soccer. I'll post more of the pics and short videos of ethan's games another day. But until then, GO RANGERS!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment