Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Birthday To ME!

I wouldn't normally post about my birthday but this post really isn't about me.
I started working at the boys school on Halloween. I am an aide in the resource class. I love it. I go to school with the boys in the morning and then when Ryan is done with kindergarten he walks down the hall to my class room and i am done for the day. And we get to go home together. And some days when we want to we can stay and have lunch with Ethan and Sam. It's really the perfect thing for me. Last year the secretaries at Sharon kept telling me i should just get an aide job since i was there so much and then I'd at least be paid for it. So when i heard there was an aide job at the new school i thought what the heck. And i do love it. Low stress since I'm not the teacher. No meetings since I'm not the teacher. Projects that i did when i was volunteering in the classes. One on one time with some of the students. Reading and Math at levels that i totally have mastered. And the timing in my day is perfect.
Anyway, the point is that i had to work on my birthday (just like everyone else does). Blake that morning had to do a class so he was on the phone in his office when we left for school. When i got home he had left for the office in Sandy since they had meetings. But there were flowers on the table on the counter and even in our room. I thought oh that's so nice of him. He's good to me. And I will fully admit I'm easily bought since those flowers made my day. I would have just been content with that. But as the day went i got lots of calls and emails and texts from friends and family and that always makes me happy.
The boys were cute all day trying to find ways to help me and be good and kind to each other. And i would find them whispering (not very quietly) to each other about doing this or that together to help mom out or make a card together. It was very sweet of them too.
Then as the afternoon approached and i was getting ready to start dinner Blake called and said since he had to work late that night (as per his Thursday schedule) he would pick up dinner so i didn't have to worry about it. Again i would have just been happy with that. I had to run to the store to get some milk for the boys and when i got home i went to put the milk in the fridge outside and noticed what else Blake had been up to that morning. He had made me a cheesecake with a strawberry chiffon/glaze top to be topped off with chocolate dipped strawberries. AND he had cleaned it all up in the kitchen so i had no idea that he'd done anything. What an awesome husband i have! Just to make you all drool I'm posting the pics of the final product. Take my word for it, it was AWESOME! Just added to my perfect day! Happy birthday to me. (I won't mention either that he totally surprised me with my gift that i made him take back so he could get his computer but he still hooked me up with a great gift in the end.) So thanks sweetie for making my day great!
Sorry ladies he's taken.

3 comments:

hailey said...

Aww I love Raymond! I'm glad you had a good birthday too! Cute Halloween costumes!

Wendi said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Lori. :) That job sounds just perfect for you! And I'm glad your boys take such good care of you. We are so lucky to have husbands that can make yummy treats like that for us!! :)

Steph said...

Wow! What would that be like?! Hold on to him! Happy Birthday!

Love your costumes. Glad you're all feeling better.