Halloween morning the boys had a piano recital (again happy they were healthy in time, cause they had worked hard to get ready for it). This was Sam's first recital and he was so excited. He played his pieces perfectly. The boys were doing one solo and then a family duet. Which means that they were doing one piece with a family member. Some did piano duets, others did singing and piano, and another did a quartet. I was supposed to do the duet with Sam but i will be totally honest i didn't get as much of my practicing done before the boys got sick and i certainly didn't get done when they were sick. So i know I'm horrible. Sam was fine with it. He got to do his duet with Anne Cox his piano teacher and friend. That week was our last lesson with Anne so i think it worked out just as well (at least that's how i justify it in my head). Sam was a natural performer. He played them perfectly and then bowed the most gracious bow ever. He was very happy with himself after it was done. And he should be, cause he did do very well.
Ethan's duet was with Blake, Ethan accompanied Blake singing. They did Josh Groban's Polar Express song "Believe." Both of them did great. Blake wasn't sure about it when he got his cold earlier in the week because he wasn't being able to hit the notes like he had practiced. He was worried but for no reason. It was wonderful. I love that the boys are doing so well with piano. After the recital we went to lunch at wingers with grandma and grandpa Young. (grandma and Grandpa Priday were out of town visiting my sister). The boys thought that was pretty awesome too. I know Ethan and Sam loved doing the recital but i also know they were happy to be going on to new songs. Especially since it's time to be getting Christmas music out. Great-Grandpa Leland Priday would have been proud. There is some musical talent in our family.
1 comment:
I'm impressed that Blake sang! I swear, we sure do have talented and capable husbands! :)
Post a Comment