Friday, July 24, 2009

None for me thanks, I'm driving!

The other day we were having pasta for dinner. As pasta goes at our house Ethan likes alfredo, Sam likes marinara (red sauce), and Ryan likes neither. Blake and I generally do some of both or use what is left. The other night however Sam said he didn't want any of the red sauce. This is how the conversation went:
Me: Sam what kind of sauce do you want? (I always ask so that if they want to try something new they have that option--even though i know Sam will stick to what he knows.)
Sam: I don't want any sauce.
Me: Sam, I warmed up all the red sauce for you. You love the red sauce.
Sam: Yeah, but I'm going to lay off it tonight. I'll have some next time.
Me: (trying really really really hard not to laugh) why don't you want it?
Sam: I'm going to lay off it tonight.
So after i laughed inside for a minute and got composure.
Me: So you don't want any because you're laying off the sauce tonight?
Sam: Yeah.
Who knew. I guess i should be slightly concerned that i didn't know Sam had a sauce problem. And that he needed to lay off the sauce! Hahahahah. i think i might laugh over this one for a while.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Where did he learn that phrase anyway? What a crack up. :)

Steph said...

Oh my gosh! :D