Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sam is Perfect, for today.

Sam was baptized this last weekend and for those that were able to come, thanks and for those that missed out I'll try and summarize the event.
First and foremost those that came in contact with Sam at all over the last few weeks all knew about the baptism since he was sooo excited about it. I think every employee at the school was fully aware that Sam was getting baptised. The Monday night before the baptism, as we were putting the boys to bed we told Sam that he was going to have his interview with the bishop Tuesday. He said OK and was again expressing his excitement. Tuesday morning i took the boys to school and then went in to help in the class rooms like i do each Tuesday. As i was leaving i went into the office and talked to the secretaries, and then headed out the door and on my way. Wednesday when i went back into the school one of the secretaries stopped me and said, "I just have to tell you what happened yesterday." With interest i sat and listened as she told me that Sam had come into the office just after he finished his lunch and said, "my mom is coming to check me out." the secretary said "uh, i don't know if she is, i talked to her earlier and she didn't say anything to me, she usually does." He persisted that i was going to come and check him out and she said well if you want to wait for a couple minutes you can, but i don't think she is. He said "she is, I have an appointment with the bishop. I'm getting baptised." At that point she knew i wasn't coming and so she told him he could wait and that if i came she promised she'd call him right into the office. he was satisfied with that and went back to class. I guess we didn't explain to him that he didn't have his appointment till that night.
Saturday was a special day. Mike and Kim (my brother) and his family came up from St. George for Sam's baptism. And my Uncle Brent (who lives in Arizona) was up for the weekend and was staying with Grandma Priday so they came from American Fork. And all the local family and some of our closest friends came which made the day even better. I will fully admit its on days and family times like that that i miss my parents just a little bit more, but i still am glad that they are doing what they are doing. Sam smiled all day long. While we were waiting for Sam and Blake in one of the other rooms with all the family visiting, it started to get a little loud. Ethan went and sat at the piano and started playing "teach me to walk in the Light" a primary song that he's learned how to play in the last few months and it set the tone, and quited the visiting. I was so proud (sorry, scratch that) pleased. After Ethan had played it through a few times Blake and Sam came in and we went ahead with the confirmation.
After the events at the church we had invited everyone to come to the house for some muffins, sweet rolls, doughnuts, juice and milk. Blake made some amazing orange cranberry sweet rolls and perfect cinnamon rolls. It was nice to sit and visit with everyone. After that we did a Priday family birthday lunch for Mike and Ryan since their birthdays were just days away. I kick myself over and over again, and may not be able to call myself a Priday anymore, because we didn't not once sing happy birthday to Mike or Ryan. I know I'm ashamed. Sorry Mike and Ryan. i am still shaking my head! Either way it was fun to visit and enjoy every ones company. Thanks to all that came for Sam and to support us. We really are blessed to have such great family and friends.
Sunday Sam got up and bore a sweet testimony of how he was so happy he knew the gospel and that he knew who he is and where he comes from and that there are kids out there that don't know these things and how that's why we have missionaries. He said how excited and happy he was to be a member of the church. It was a really sweet weekend. Perfect really!

3 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Your boys are so sweet and I know its partly because you are such a great mom! You are a great example to me and I have always looked up to you. I am glad that Sam enjoyed his special day. I need you to email me your address...lieselpriday@yahoo.com so I can send you a Christmas card!

Wendi said...

Congratulations to Sam! I'm happy that you and your loved ones had such a great day together. :)

Dixie Pridays said...

First of all, you are forgiven for not singing happy birthday. It was more than enough that you hosted as many people as you did. It seems like forever since us Pridays from out of town have had a family dinner. It was great to be with everyone and also to be there for Sam. We wished we could have stayed longer...perhaps played a pick-up game of settlers..