Thursday, April 1, 2010

Attention all FOOLS!:

We have clever ideas once in a while at our house. I try to have good ideas from time to time, but it's also another thing to act on those good ideas. It seems that every April Fool's Day comes and i have these good ideas and then the day is over and i have not been able to do any. Who am i kidding? That is the way it is more often then not, not just for April Fool's Day. ANYWAY, i was telling Blake of some of my ideas the other day, to trick the boys with dinner for tonight. And with Blake's amazing help we pulled off the dinner.
We had the boys favorites. Melted cheese sandwiches, asparagus (not shown), pop, and for dessert cupcakes. We told them that since it was April Fool's Day we'd let them have dessert first. They loved that idea.

Sam took one bite of the frosting and was about to go spit it out in the sink when we told him to wait for a second, that we'd really not feed him anything that was bad. Then Ethan and Ryan started to dig into their meals. They realized they'd been tricked. It was really turkey meatball muffins, topped with mashed potatoes (with a large amount of blue food coloring), with a side of actual asparagus. Then Sam went to go take a drink out of his cup and found that it wasn't coming up the straw. It was jello. They thought it was all great. The "toasted cheese" was actually pound cake that had been toasted, and the had orange frosting between two pieces. I found that if you don't look at the potatoes too long, you can eat them just fine. But if you look at them too long, and concentrate on the blue too much, you might start forgetting what you're eating. Over all I must say it was genius! And yummy too.

Happy April Fool's Day to my favorite fools.

4 comments:

Steph said...

We had a meal like that for April Fools when I was a kid (minus the "pop"). It was fun. I bet your kids think you're awesome. :)

Wendi said...

Very creative. I'm impressed that you took all that time to pull it off. :)

Sherry said...

Wow! I am so impressed!!--especially considering that you guys have been sick this week. What a great memory!

Clark and Liesel said...

That is awesome! What a great mom you are!