Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hey, that's my birthday!


Today as Ryan and Sam were sitting at the table eating their lunch we had a conversation that went like this.

Ryan: Mom, what day did i come out of your tummy?

Mom: Dec. 10th

Ryan: Hey, that's my birthday!

Mom: Yep, that's why it's called your birthday.

Sam: Ryan did you know you were supposed to be born on Jesus' birthday? But mom didn't want that. So you would have been pretty lucky to have the same birthday as Christ.

Ryan: Dec. 10th was when i was a baby, and i wasn't two.

Mom: Nope not on the day you came out of my tummy. (whew)

Ryan: And you called me Ryan, but my name is Ryan.

Sam: Was it hard to name us?

Mom: No, i knew what we were going to call you both as we got close to the day you were born.

Sam: So how did you know that?

Mom: Well i had a dream that i knew Ryan's name was Ryan.

Sam: So you had a vision?!

Mom: No, i just knew that it felt right that his name was Ryan. And I knew i wanted to name you Sam.


Several parts of this conversation just made me smile. I wish there was a recorder close by to record some of these conversations, cause I'm not always very good at writing them down. Who knows maybe in heaven we can sit and watch the videos of our life and smile again at the things our kids said.

3 comments:

Roseanne said...

That's so cute. I love your kids questions.

kargrs said...

That is so cute! Gotta love the questions. Some days I feel like that is all I get...more questions!

Clark and Liesel said...

That is precious. Kids do say the funniest things, don't they?!