Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Home, Sweet, Home!

I love how fast this house is coming together. I highly recommend having a house built under the pressure of a rigid timeline. One of the best parts of this is that we know the house will be done by May 29th at noon. these are the pics we took on saturday when we went out with the boys. we went out again today and we have doors and shingles. i'm so excited. (who gets excited about shingles?.....ME!)

(above) garden tub with double windows in the master bath. YEAH!!!!
We are doing a fireplace and are lucky enough to have a friend/associate, Paul George, that is going to do a custom mantel for us, he owns Old Town Mantel, he is the friend that helped Blake build a dinning kitchen table for me a number of years ago. (if you want we can give you his number, he does amazing stuff-he can carve anything from grapes to lion heads out of wood). This pic is of the future fireplace in the family room just off the kitchen and dinning room.
this is the actual fireplace insert (above). and this is the mantel we're doing it with (below), but we have a few other things we have to figure out before we can really decide on the color/stain we want. there are so many things to pick from and it can be totally overwhelming, but it's getting more exciting as we make all these choices.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I think that's great that you're excited about the progress--right down to the shingles. :) I would be too. And that will be such a nice fireplace/mantle. I'm really excited for you guys. :)

Steph said...

This is fun because it looks like your house is at about the same stage as ours! LOVE that fireplace. That's going to be amazing. It's going to be a lovely home. Oh, and Happy Birthday, Blake!