Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sam and all his Samminess

Sam, Samuel, Sambino, Sam-a-cama, Sam-I-Am, Sammy.



























Wednesday was Sam's big day. He turned 8. He is a big kid for sure (at least in his mind). He was, like all kids are, very excited for the day to come. He woke up with out any additional prodding and was ready for school in a flash. We decided to let him open his gifts before school so that he would hopfully be more calm knowing he'd already gotten to open the gifts. Because this was the big 8 he got his cub scout uniform and a journal, from the brothers a few new books, and from grandparents his nice new scriptures. I had asked sam what he wanted to have as a treat for his class for his birthday. He said suckers and so i headed off to the target to get suckers just before his class would go to lunch, but alas i could not find suckers at target so i had to go to a different store. Which meant i didn't make it to the school before lunch, so i figured i had to just go a few mintues before school got out. The school was having an assembly when i got there so i just put the treats on sam's desk and went and sat in on the assembly for the last few minutes. Sam saw me come in and leaned over to his teacher and said "she was trying to trick me and make me think she wasn't coming, that little devil." Sam's teacher stiffled a laugh and said Sam you shouldn't call your mom a devil. I'm not sure where he heard that. I've never said that. Still, only Sam.
After school he got to go to cub scouts, uniform and all. (I totally meant to take a picture). And then for dinner we had Spaghetti, green beans, and bread sticks. Part way through dinner he said, "mom you sure know me. you picked all my favorites."





For his dessert, per his request, razzleberry pie and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. I am pretty sure it was a good day for Sam. He was all smiles.


Just a few reasons why I love Sam:
-His superhero mentality to make sure all the little guys are taken care of.
-The way he shares so willingly (98% of the time).
-His wittyness, his comedy relief.
-The way he loves and kisses me and means it/shows it.
-His smile.
-The light in his eyes.
-The way he wants to be helpful when he has decided thats what he wants to do.
-His self confidence in who he is (he gets that from the young side of the family).
-The way that he is proud of his name.
We love you Sam.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday to Sam! I've always loved that picture of him winking. ;)

Jaimi said...

All those pictures capture the Sam I know and love. Love you, Sambino!

Amanda said...

OK - I found your blog! What about Tues. the 25th for dinner with the girls? Let me know...my email is avolcansek@yahoo.com

Clark and Liesel said...

HI Lori!! It's your long lost cousin Liesel (Priday)!! I found your blog from Alison's blog! You have THE cutest boys! I can't believe Sam is 8! Where does time go?!