So after 10 years with kids, we FINALLY got to take a trip just the two of us. Technically we did get to have a 12 hour trip to park city a few years back just the two of us, but it was literally up and back. Anyway we went to California last week to enjoy some time just the two of us. Blake had a conference that he was going to be teaching/speaking at so we headed out a few days before to really live it up. While we were there we went to the beach and to Disneyland and then to the beach again and got to experience an earthquake (5.6) or two (3.4) and then we went to the beach again and back to Disneyland in the evenings. It was really nice being able to have some real quality un-interrupted time together. Sam one of the days we called asked if we were still on our date and i said yep, it's just a really really long date. he agreed. the boys got to stay and granma and papa Young's and to our great relief they all survived and had a great time and granma and papa even said they'd watch the boys again. Blake has to travel enough for his work that we decided we needed to just do this once in a while rather than waiting another 10 years. The boys seemed okay with the idea that we went to Disneyland without them because we brought back souvenirs and promised we'd try and go sometime in the future with them. It caught me off guard how giddy i felt being out on our really long date. I love my boys dearly, but i love my man and loved the time we had together in California. (aaahhhh!) Today (Aug 7th) we are actually celebrating our 12 year anniversary. 12 years!!!! Ethan this morning said "you've been married for 12 years, that's a long time!" We pointed out on the calendar that granma and papa young will be celebrating their 40th anniversary this month too. to that he exclaimed "WOW! that's really a long time!" To that my thought is, not long enough--I am so glad we have eternity!
So Lori, I want to know if you took Minnie out after she hit on Blake? Cute, cute pictures. I am so glad you had a great time together. You definitely waited too long for a get away. I hope we get to join you in Disneyland really soon.
I love the last picture best! So glad you had a good time and a Happy Anniversary to you. Ours is this weekend (7 years) and my mom is taking all they boys overnight Friday so we can go out Fri, sleep in Sat, and do some fun things like go to the movies, shopping, and out to eat - without 3 kids! Just like you, I'm giddy with excitement.
Happy (belated) Anniversary. I'm glad you guys had so much fun. Our big 13 is coming up at the end of this month. (The kids have loved hearing the story recently of how John protected your car during your reception, by the way). :)
3 comments:
So Lori, I want to know if you took Minnie out after she hit on Blake? Cute, cute pictures. I am so glad you had a great time together. You definitely waited too long for a get away. I hope we get to join you in Disneyland really soon.
I love the last picture best! So glad you had a good time and a Happy Anniversary to you. Ours is this weekend (7 years) and my mom is taking all they boys overnight Friday so we can go out Fri, sleep in Sat, and do some fun things like go to the movies, shopping, and out to eat - without 3 kids! Just like you, I'm giddy with excitement.
Happy (belated) Anniversary. I'm glad you guys had so much fun. Our big 13 is coming up at the end of this month. (The kids have loved hearing the story recently of how John protected your car during your reception, by the way). :)
Post a Comment