I really did appreciate Blake before all these trips but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY appreciate him now. Blake has always been an amazing father, husband, friend, etc. He's always been helpful around the house with not just cooking, but cleaning too. I don't admit this all the time, but i haven't cleaned the bathrooms more than a few times in the last 10 years. But before you get totally grossed out, it's because Blake does it (and he does a good job at it too--for this I truly thanks his mother!) Our routine is generally based on Blake's schedule, so when he is gone the schedule seems to suffer too. I found myself on a few of the days just wanting the day to end a little faster so i would find myself thinking of ways to convince the boys that going to bed at 5:00 was ok. It never did happen, but i wanted to a few times. Being as spoiled as i am by my sweet husband i found that i don't sleep as well at night while he's gone because he's not here to get up with the boys so i have too. (That one is really his fault, he started it back when Ethan was a baby, he would get up with him at night bring him into me and i would feed him and change his diaper and Blake would take him back into his crib). Other little things that seemed to not flow as well was also dinner time. Instead of two parents encouraging their children to eat, it was now down to one and one just isn't as effective as two most of the time. Reading just before bed was always a toss up. Ethan most of the time will read his book and one of us would read with Sam and the other with Ryan. Some nights Ryan would be happy to listen to Sam reading to me and then we'd have time to read one together. Other nights all three boys would want me to read with them only and i really still have not figured out how to split myself into three. I would try and appease all three one way or the other but i would feel guilty at some point that i wasn't making them all happy. Then it's off to bed. Some nights again smoother than others. After getting after one or all of the boys a time or two they would finally go to sleep and i would sit there all by myself thinking how much i hate being alone. And how much i really am glad that Blake was just on a trip and really just a phone call away.
So here i am at the end of a very very busy month, just a couple days after Blake's birthday still thinking about how much i love him and appreciate all that he does for me and the boys. He spoils me and he loves me in ways that words can't explain. He works hard at his job and in his calling, he sets an example for me and the boys and for others that he serves so willing. He cooks and cleans like no other husband in the world, nay i say universe. And i know this may been a little cheese to you all, but I figured i needed to take a spot on this blog and let him know how deeply i love him. He leaves for Texas next week, but only for a couple days, and then we might have some time together for a whole month, before he has another trip! THANKS HON! You're the greatest! I love you, more, most, +1! OH and Happy Birthday too!

2 comments:
That's the way I feel about John too. I think it's sweet (not cheesy) that you wrote all that about Blake. He is a great guy. In fact, John and I think you both are great. It's too bad that we don't see each other more often. Oh, and I love that picture of your family. :)
I happen to think Blake is a pretty good guy too - and I should know it after living with you guys for four months. And now that you have three kids I can see it even more. Nice to see you posting again - I love the family photo too!
Post a Comment